The night I nearly killed us

As I may have mentioned, our house doesn't technically have heat yet. The log section is not completely sealed and the downstairs still has no insulation, so really there would be no point. We heat our bedroom, however, with an electric space heater. When they say to keep flammable items a safe distance away from those things, they aren't kidding. As Fire Marshall Bill would say, lemme show you something:

This toasted marshmallow effect is what happens when your pillow falls off the bed in the middle of the night and lands in front of a space heater. Thankfully the smell of something "hot" woke us up and we moved it before it actually caught fire. Let this serve as a public service announcement about space heaters, fire safety and how I hog the bed so thoroughly that even the pillow suffers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Keep 'em coming!