My last post talked about all the stuff in our home I'm either trying to get rid of or trying not to accumulate in the first place. This post is all about the stuff we still need to buy. I think I've covered almost everything here. It's an intimidating list, to be sure, especially when all these items are swimming around in my mind haphazardly, dollar signs flashing, and always right when I'm trying to fall asleep. Putting them down in a list is really helpful in mapping it out and planning the next steps, and it feels good to have these things out of my brain and written down. It's systematic. It's not just stuff for the sake of stuff.
About half the house is still majorly in progress -- the master bedroom and bath, the office, the laundry room, the master closet, the entry/foyer, the dining room and part of the kitchen. It's a lot of stuff, and I'm kind of cheap, so of course I've been scoping out affordable options for everything. I've made decisions on some of the items, but others are still under consideration.
Without further ado, here's the list, taunting me...
- Two wall sconces: master bath vanity
- Two wall sconces: master bath entry
- Two reading sconces: master bedroom, bedside
- Large pendant: master bedroom
- Track light: office
- Medium pendant: kitchen baking table
- Wall sconce: powder room vanity
That's a lot of lights, right?
- Wall tile: master bath
- Bath tub and faucet: master bath
- Double sink/vanity and faucets: master bath
- Shower head and fixtures: master bath
- Sink and faucet: powder room
- Two toilets: master bath and powder room
- Floor tile: powder room
- Shelving: master bath
- Mirrors: master bath
- Dining table and chairs
- Desk and chair: office
- Filing cabinet
- Bed and mattress: master bedroom
- Comfy chair: living room
- Wardrobe/armoire for Ez
- 5 doors: Master bathroom, powder room, entry closet, laundry room, master closet (whew!)
- 50+ sheets of drywall (and screwsa and spackle) for the master suite
- Gutters and downspouts
- Porch railing materials
- Porch roof materials
- Brick for foundation façade
- A few trees
- Plants. Lots of plants.
- More stone for driveway
And just for fun, here's a list of the remaining "big" projects still to be done. This isn't counting switchplates, small touch-up projects, quarter-round, decorating, etc. Just the big stuff still looming over us.
- Hook up the heat pump system on the "unfinished" side of the house
- Kitchen staircase railing
- Build kitchen pantry
- Strip and paint kitchen stairs
- Build cabinet for under the range top
- Powder room - drywall, tile, paint, install toilet and sink
- Entry closet - drywall, shelves, paint
- Install pocket door for master bedroom (?)
- Master bath - everything - drywall, tile, painting, installation of fixtures, etc.
- Chinking in dining room, entry and master bedroom
- Build two stair railings in the living room
- Repoint stone foundation and brick kitchen foundation
- Stain and seal new flooring
- Install baseboards and window/door trim
- Build porch roof and railing
- Paint everything...
Are you still reading? Really?
The good news is I feel somewhat better after this brain dump. Though my wallet is quaking a little, my carpal tunnel syndrome did not have a major flare-up after typing all this out. It seems like a lot all together, but each individual thing isn't too bad. We got this. Well not yet... but we'll manage.