|From the office, looking down into the master bedroom|
|The office from the other direction. |
Doors, left to right: Laundry room, walk-in closet, small closet
It's a good thing I'm not in Africa right now, as I had planned. It's looking like our home appraisal (necessary for refinancing) will be scheduled for about a week from today -- much sooner than we originally thought. We're quite close, truly. However, I've spent 30+ hours priming in the past two weeks, and I still haven't done the master bathroom. (It's not quite ready yet.) If my trip hadn't been postponed, there's no way Ez could've done all this priming himself on top of all the other things he needs to do.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: ENDLESS PRIMING!
Over the past couple days, Ez, my dad and my father-in-law have worked on the following projects while I continued priming my life away:
- Installing interior doors, trim and hardware (not an easy task in a crooked house)
- Installing toilets and other plumbing
- Working on the kitchen stairs and pantry (railings, trim, etc.) -- this is the biggest task we have left
- Cleaning the reclaimed ceiling beams that have ancient grime and new spray foam insulation on them
- Cleaning other reclaimed lumber for use as trim throughout
I will not bore you with the list of 100 small things we still need to do, but we'll be trying to tackle everything systematically over the next week. The race is on.
Now for my favorite part: the master bathroom!
|Toilet! Too bad my father-in-law forgot the seat.|
|Loving the tile, brick and wood together... |
Note: Staining all the wood floors will happen at the very end.
|Shower fixtures are halfway in; waiting for the shower head to arrive.|
We've been busy, you guys. Can you tell?